Monday, August 9, 2010

August 10, 2010

August 10, 2010:

Three days at sea now and it's my birthday. On August 8, 2010 it was Abi's. Having a birthday on the Heraclitus is something that is very special and can not be replicated. Tonight the captain will prepare a German meal for the occasion. We will also have Champagne. I'm just getting my sea legs back and most of my stomach……….

The salt air for me is sweet nectar. Something I have been missing for awhile. Heraclitus welcomes you back. No questions asked and happy you are here. Sleeping in bio is wonderful. With every rise and fall of the bow, a gentle rock from port to starboard you are rocked to sleep like a baby in a cradle. The sea lapping at the hull is the lullaby.

Yesterday Claus spotted a sperm whale. I'm not sure if it was a juvenile or a dwarf sperm whale. (I only just learned there are dwarf ones.) Which ever it was it looked like a submarine that had surface but without it's periscope up. Then it dove and with its fluke waved goodbye.

Every day I have seen a sea bird. Flying low over the water, solo. Where did you come from???? Where are you going???

Joan Smith aka Queenie

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: